Terms & Conditions
Our Advice Service
We are here to help and can provide guidance, advice or even direct you
towards relevant information. If you have any queries relating to the fire safety needs
of your home or business, please contact us. Although we will
always endeavour to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility for
ensuring that you are adhering to fire safety legislation, building regulations,
other regulations or best practice remains with you.
Customer Service Policy
We believe that you have a right to be given clear and unmistakable pricing information. We display both, VAT exclusive and inclusive prices, where possible. Our shipping charges are clearly displayed on every page and shown in the shopping cart the moment a product is placed in it.
Clear product information and additional technical support
We will always attempt to describe products in plain English in a condensed format to help you choose and compare products easily. On top of this we display, wherever possible, all technical data sheets, manuals and certifications to allow you to fully research the products displayed by us. Henry Wolfe staff are trained to advise you on technical issues and are happy to assist you over the phone or by email. We strive to reply within one working day. For more complex products, we have introduced interactive technical help guides, which will break down the complex purchasing decisions into easy chunks and will guide you through the purchasing process.
Single point of contact
No customer wants to be passed around from one telephone operator to the next, so here at Henry Wolfe we assign a dedicated customer liaison to every customer. From that point, your advisor will be there to answer all queries and support you through the buying process. Our sales staff are trained to deal with all aspects of customer service. They will advise about products, take orders, deal with any complaints without passing you on to other staff members. Should a staff member not know the answer to your question, they will find out for you and will ring you back. They can also speak with the manufacturer on your behalf and let you know their answers. Should you wish to speak to a manager, they will of course transfer you to the relevant manager to deal with your query.
Support during buying process
We have a very user friendly one-step checkout. Our customer care staff will ring you if there is any problem with your order, be it that payment failed or that your goods are delayed. At that point you can also request changes to the order. We offer multiple payment options, including most payment cards, PayPal and cheques. Any personal data you pass to us is protected very carefully.
If you change your mind
If you change your mind, we offer twice the legal requirement for the returns period without quibbling. See also our Returns Policy.
We will always try to do everything right first time. Sadly, errors can still happen. If we make an error, we promise that we will do our best to rectify the situation as soon as possible. We will discuss the possible solutions with you and then agree the corrective actions together. We will also keep a record about what has been agreed in our customer database so that we can always continue our discussion with you at a later date should the need arise. Please notify us of any complaints by e-mailing us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you. Your complaint will be treated confidentially. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and will advise you about the length of time it will take to resolve the complaint. We will also keep you informed throughout the process.
Goods will be dispatched using the best available service. Most stock items offer the facility to state a preferred AM or PM delivery slot. Unfortunately this is not available on non-stock items.
|Less than £750.00
||£10.00 ex VAT
|More than £750.00
Highlands, Islands and Remote Locations
Shipments to remote locations area also sent using the best available service, but can take up to three working days. The cost of shipping your goods will vary depending on the total weight of your order. Charges and relevant postcodes are detailed below.
|Less than 2kg
||£10.00 ex VAT
|2 to 30kg
||£25.00 ex VAT
||£35.00 ex VAT
Highlands, Islands and Remote Locations postcodes:
- AB31-38, AB40-52
- AB54-56, AB63
- IV1-28, IV30-32
- IV36-56, IV63
- KA27-28, KW1-17
- PA20-38, PA41-49
- PH4-44, PH49-50
- BT, GS, GY, HY
- IM, JE, TDCU, ZE
We are able to ship to Ireland. Please use our international enquiry form to obtain a quote for delivery.
Payment and Security
We offer a range of payment options including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Solo, Maestro, Visa electron, American Express, Google Checkout, PayPal and Proforma
All our credit card transactions handled by Sagepay, one of the market leaders in secure online transactions. The transfer of the purchase details from our website to Sagepay are
encapsulated using Sagepay's own encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. Any communication between the shopper and Sagepay is encrypted to the maximum
strength supported by the shopper's browser using 128 Bit encrypted sessions.
Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "cardholder
not present" environment by their card issuers. The card issuer provides the
right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive
or if the card was used fraudulently.
If you should have any questions regarding security, please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). Email us or call us on 0800 612 6537 if you have not received the goods yet or if you are in possession of the goods and are running close to the end of the 30 days or send us the goods with the return slip filled in. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up. Product must not have been installed.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. British Standards copies cannot be accepted back if the packaging is opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged.
- We will refund the sales price and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us on 0800 612 6537 and we can offer collection of the goods. We will deduct the cost for this collection from your refund. This service is only possible if the collection charges are less than the price paid by you for the product. Heavy items such as safes and collections from remote locations will have significant collection charges. Our staff will quote you a cost for collection based on your product and location.
- Products which are made to measure (eg Davy Descenders, Sash fire escape windows etc), made to order (special varieties of emergency lighting etc) or to customer specification (eg fire doors with windows etc) can not be returned and refunded.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details,
U1 West Street
We charge UK VAT at 20% (VAT no GB827 6397 88).
Customers from the Channel Islands can ask for the VAT to be removed from the invoice total. Please ring our office to place your order, emphasising the Channel Island delivery location.
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging,
this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier.
You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is
made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure
to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in
All of our products are covered by manufacturers warranty. For more information on warranty periods please see the individual product pages of our website.
Included in all our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
- Please contact Henry Wolfe and inform us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair or free replacement for your product. This choice is at Henry Wolfes discretion.
- Henry Wolfe may ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, in which case we will arrange and pay for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
The warranty still applies; the goods, however, must be sent to us at the customer's expense for repair or replacement and the return shipment must be paid for by the customer.